Wednesday, February 24

Down the rabbit-hole and through the looking-glass

When the sun hasn't really begun to provide any heat yet, and the coffee still's hot enough to taste well there isn't much to do here in Echo Park. Frank just left me at the breakfast table to go work, want to come and watch expensive cloths on cocaine sticks? I stayed here obviously. It's not that I don't want to fall down the rabbit-hole, I just know that I need to leave soon and trying my best not to get to attached. Cause I have already started to adore him. Mother called last night and yelled he is not your father, he's just someone who got me pregnant. I hung up on her. She doesn't know him anymore and she didn't use to refer to him like that. He used to be the love of her life.

Ps, I'm getting a lot of lovely comments about my new banner. I can't take any credit, it's the amazing SaraJ who's the brain behind it. Tell her she's great.

8 comments:

Riff Dog said...

That's very deep stuff.

I like your new banner, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Riff DOg said it all..Very deep.

Isquisofrenia said...

yes echo park
i havent been there a lot
but i once went to this vintage store there
it was amaizng!!!

SaraJ said...

i need your help love. call

Jade Bailey said...

I read your blog and it's crazy how much your mother reminds me of my own. The pain they cause and yet we still (well I know I do) long for their attention.

Bisous xoxo

Susan said...

so deep.
xoxo

Sophia said...

At least you like him a bit. Don't listen to your mom. You can make your own decisions as to who to get attached to or not.

Much love,
Sophia

Panty Buns said...

Sometimes parents don't realize how much they're tearing their kids apart. I'm so sorry your family was broken and/or dysfunctional and/or couldn't get along to that extent. People are effected by both environment and heredity - it's difficult to ignore either and sometimes it's hard being on our own emotionally (and sometimes physically) I don't pretend to have mastered it myself.