Thursday, September 1

Father figures and gin

September, and I make a difficult decision. My countdown starts now where it all ended once before.

Breakfast with Frank, in the dining room we sit across from each other and stare.

I: In my robe, hair messy and an awful winebreath. Black coffee, untouched. Visible bones, a tattoo on my wrist. Wet eyes, not from crying but from confusion. One thousand questions, not a single word suitable for the situation. Quiet.

He: Fully dressed, all in black. Coffee cup, almost empty. Pancakes and gin. Smoking. Humming. Trying to meet my eyes. Sitting on all the answers. Not giving me a single one.

We: Slept like new born babies. Hand in hand. Shared a dream, shared a bed.

6 comments:

VALERIE WANG said...

hey pretty girl!i love your gorgeous photos on your blog!thanks for your sweet comment and hope u'll visit me more often!

xx

Anonymous said...

Autumn's chill is coming, I can feel it. I have a feeling that you & I are Autumn babies. So 'tis the season, raise your glass

I'm glad you're back, dahling

Lidiya said...

Gorgeous photo! I love the way you write your posts :)
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

This is kind of sweet. I like the way you write. I love that photo...I really like the white tee. Looks comfy!

Shauna said...

sounds cozy, some of my best fantasies are of just sleeping with
my lover/spouse.

Anonymous said...

What was the difficult decision?

You always create such intense imagery with your posts and I love it. :)